Are you a NYC Young Professional that has a passion for music education and equitable access to arts education? You have come to the right place! M&F is recruiting passionate individuals to our Junior Board between the ages of 22-40, who are interested in getting involved and giving back to the public school students of NYC.
Midori & Friends empowers our students by developing their musicianship and instilling core life values. By customizing meaningful music education experiences in partnership with NYC schools and communities, Midori & Friends makes music of today and builds the futures of tomorrow.
Purpose of the Junior Board: The Junior Board will be comprised of young professionals who volunteer their time, energy, and talents to strengthen M&F’s organizational goals and mission.
Junior Board Duties:
- Advocate for quality and equitable arts education in NYC Public Schools
- Connect friends, colleagues, and organizations in your network to help raise M&F’s visibility and bring M&F closer to reaching our organizational goals by making current and future NYC leaders aware of M&F and our programs
- Participate in projects and programs and connect M&F to resources – both financial and in-kind
- Plan an annual Young Professionals special event
- Volunteering your time at school events and performances
Junior Board Commitment:
- Commit to a 3 year membership term
- Attend 3 Junior Board meetings
- Participate in at least one Junior Board project
Benefits of Service:
- Networking with like-minded young professionals
- Gain hands-on experience in planning fundraising events
- Develop leadership and networking skills
- Enhance your resume through your Junior Board service and volunteerism