Teen Artistry, Leadership, and Advocacy!
NEXTGen Musician is a youth voices leadership program which empowers teens through artistry, leadership, and advocacy training with professional musicians and mentors in the fields of finance, tech, law, and government. NEXTGen celebrates the creativity of young people and directly invests in participants’ artistry through private music lessons, leadership through mentorship, and advocacy training.
The program will run from January through May (5-month commitment), meeting on Mondays from 5:30-7:30pm with occasional evening and weekend events and students are expected to meet 2-3 hours per week after-school.
The application for the 2024 NEXTGen Cohort is now open.
Program at a glance:
- Program stipend
- Weekly private lessons music lessons
- Masterclasses, creative arts workshops, and performances of artists in the fields of music, media, among others
- Career labs and seminars on arts advocacy including lobbying, case building, grassroots efforts, public speaking and letter writing
- Mentorship opportunities with professionals in the field of tech and music production
- Excursions throughout New York City to cultural organizations and events
- Create a culminating arts advocacy campaign aimed at policy makers and their influencers