Website Privacy & Cookies Policy
Information We Collect
We collect the following Personal Information from you when you use the Website:
- Identifying information such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, school name, pronouns, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- Anonymous “non-personally identifiable” information about visitors when pages on the Website are requested through a browser. The Foundation maintains and uses this information only in the aggregate for statistical purposes and to help the Foundation monitor generally how guests navigate the Website, allowing the Foundation to tailor its services for the majority of visitors. For example, the Foundation may collect the number and frequency of visitors to the Website, information about its visitors’ browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Edge), operating systems (e.g., Windows, iOS), Internet Service Providers, the number of times particular content is viewed and other similar information. The Foundation uses [WordPress.org] (“WordPress”) to host its website. As a third-party service provider, WordPress collects certain Personal Information on behalf of the Foundation, including the collection of the IP addresses that connect you to the Website.
- Activity information about your use of our Website and services, such as the content you view, how often you use our services, and your preferences;
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address
Information Collected by our Payment Processors
If you make a donation or any purchase via the Website, the transaction will be handled by third parties responsible for processing your transaction (“Payment Processors”). Please be aware that our Payment Processors have their own privacy policies and those terms will apply to you regarding how that Payment Processor handles your Personal Information. We do not control these third party Payment Processors, their websites, or the manner in which they collect, use or store your Personal Information.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information you provide to us when you register for our services, join our mailing list, or make a donation to us.
We also collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, and Web beacons, including when you visit our Website or use our services.
We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our Website and use our services.
The Website uses “cookies” to track and target the interests of the Foundation’s users to enhance their experience on the Website. Cookies are text files that are placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. If you choose to provide information to the Foundation through the Website, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookies.
Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Foundation to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, or other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
Personal Information you provide may be used by the Foundation, including by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose:
- to present the Website and its contents to you and allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to create and deliver to you the Foundation’s emails, mailings, surveys or other communications containing information about the Foundation and its services, initiatives, and events;
- to take attendance and track progress during certain programs put on by the Foundation;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including with respect to processing donations;
- in aggregate form, for internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it; and
- for any other purposes described when you provide the information and/or with your consent.
The Foundation will retain Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out the above stated purposes, provided that we may retain such information that is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise rights provided for by law;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, please use the unsubscribe option found at the bottom of our marketing emails.
Disclosure of Your Information
The Foundation will not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties without your consent, except as disclosed in this Policy. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our efforts, and who are bound by contractual obligations to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
The Foundation may disclose any information, including Personal Information, it deems necessary, in its sole discretion, to the government or private parties in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, investigation or governmental request. The Foundation may disclose such information where it believes it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Website and applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements. The Foundation may also disclose Personal Information to its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as in connection with any merger, divestiture, reorganization, or other similar transfer or transaction involving Foundation’s assets or operations.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
The Foundation implements various security measures to protect the security of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while the Foundation strives to protect your Personal Information, it cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Website, and you use the Website at your own risk. The Foundation is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
This Policy is current and effective as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may review this Policy periodically and revise as we see appropriate to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and/or contractual obligations. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and for any reason. If we change this Policy, we will post the revised document here, and such changes will be effective immediately upon that posting, and will apply to you the next time you access the Website.
To make an inquiry regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Midori & Friends
352 Seventh Avenue, Suite 301
New York, NY 10001