NEXTGen Musician: Applications Open Now
September 20, 2023
NEXTGen Musician is a paid youth leadership program which empowers teens through artistry, leadership, and advocacy training with professional musicians and mentors in the fields of finance, tech, law, and the arts and cultural industries. NEXTGen celebrates the creativity of young people and directly invests in participants’ artistry through private music lessons, leadership opportunities and advocacy training.
The program will run from January through May (5-month commitment), meeting on Mondays from 5:30-7:30pm with occasional evening and weekend events and students are expected to meet 2-3 hours per week after-school.
Please share this opportunity with your students in grades 9-12.
The application for the 2024 NEXTGen Cohort is now open!
Deadline for Submission: Monday, October 30, 2023.
- Program stipend
- Weekly private music lessons
- Masterclasses, creative arts workshops, and attendance at performances across the New York City
- Career labs and seminars on arts advocacy including lobbying, case building, grassroots efforts, public speaking and persuasive writing
- Mentorship opportunities with professionals in the field of tech and music production
- Excursions throughout New York City to cultural organizations and events
- Performance opportunities at select venues across New York City
- Creation of a culminating arts advocacy campaign aimed at policy makers and their influencers
Check out the 2023 cohort’s final advocacy statements on Vimeo by clicking the video below.
Questions? Please reach out to Jen Dayton, Director of Education.